Wednesday, February 6, 2013

DAY 6

My parents.

Hard-working, faithful, provident, and charitable are just a few of the characteristics my parents hold. I have always looked up to them, even if I have not always been the best at heeding their counsel:) Now, as a parent, I am even more grateful for how they raised me and what they expected and demanded of me.

Perhaps the most defining moment of our relationship came when I was in my major car accident nearly 9 years ago. I will never forget how tenderly my father cradled my bloody head in his hands, doing anything he could to alleviate my discomfort as we waited to hear the results of the x-rays. I will never forget how my mother dedicated weeks and even months to my recovery, taking care of my every need like I was a newborn once again. Their love for me has always been apparent in all that they do. I am so grateful to be their daughter and to learn from their examples.

On this sixth day, I LOVE my parents.