Thursday, February 14, 2013

DAY 14

Yesterday got away from me. By the time I thought about sitting down to blog, it was already past my bedtime. I LOVE sleep more than blogging, so let's just move on to this lovey dovey day. Shall we?




I found all of these random shots from my old picture folder. They make me smile. They are all from different moments in my life: a sister's wedding, living in Boston, and student teaching. Love truly is all around us.

But on this actual day of LOVE, I wanted to express my heartfelt LOVE for belonging to the Church of Jesus Christ of Letter-day Saints. I am grateful once again to my parents who raised me in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I am grateful that they loved me anyway and prayed for me to find my way back when I wandered for years.

I am grateful that I did spend years struggling, away from the church. Those nights of crying myself to sleep and dark days caused me to seek out for myself the truths I had been taught as a child. I can now say that I have a testimony of this Gospel and truly believe that it is the church of Christ restored to the earth.

All of the things that I LOVE and hold dearest are blessing that come from the Gospel. My temple marriage to my husband and sealing for time and all eternity to him and my children, my sealing to my parents and siblings through my parent's temple marriage, our home that we try to make our own heaven on earth, my knowledge of the divine role of a mother, even the feeling of safety and preparation for the storms of life--ALL of these blessings come from the Gospel.

Yes. On this fourteenth day, this day of LOVE, I LOVE that I can say I belong to the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints!

No comments: